*tosses a meme at the flist*
: Post a list of all your roleplaying journal names and explain what the names mean, if anything.All
of them? Righto!admiral_adama
- Well, this one should be self-explanatory. I "adopted" William Adama's journal back when it was still commander_adama, then promoted him with a rename token after Laura Roslin gave him his admiral's pips. :) This same character has also shown up on GreatestJournal as the_old_man) and InsaneJournal as bill_adama.kia_holtz
- Another journal name that comes straight from the character's name, but there is a story in how the character got named in the first place. When I was writing a lengthy piece of BSG fan fiction focusing on Doc Cottle and needed an OC for the piece, I decided to name her after my fellow BSG and Cottle fan kiaforrest
. So we have first name Kia and last name Holtz, which is German (or possibly Dutch, I'm forgetting now) for forest.sonofgranite
- This is kind of a journal name from a character name, but with additional steps. Ruairí MacEibhir's last name translates from Gaeilge as Son of Eibhear, or more literally, Son of Granite.thehorseman
- Ruairí's eldest Anraí has followed in his father's footsteps in the breeding, training and rehabilitation of the horses they both love better than many people. Therefore, thehorseman. I was actually kinda surprised this name was still available.fey_fire
- Ah, second son Rory, aka Rory Stone. He certainly is fae, and he has his fey moments. He catches fire on stage, lights a room like a torch, draws all eyes to him. More than any of the rest of his family, he burns
, though whether to blaze up or burn out remains to be seen.gifted_hands
- Third son Tadhg is the artisan of the family. His hands craft jewelry, paintings and spells with equal skill. Sometimes the last overlaps with the first two.a_chaitlin
- This one's pretty straightforward. Ruairí and his sons often address little sister Cait as "a Chaitlín" or "a Chait", "a" meaning "my" in Gaeilge.marcusisaspaz
- Yeah, I'd best explain this one. Liam MacEibhir has a cousin and BFF named Marcus. Marcus, being big on amusing himself and pranking his cousin, dubbed his journal liam_did_it
. Not to be outdone, Liam named his accordingly. Besides, Marcus really is a spaz.keyboard_sass
- Rory *points upward* fronts a band called Breaker Street (who incidentally have a collective lj, breaker_street
). Sascha Brockmann is both a keyboardist for the band and a sassy little extrovert who insisted on her own journal. The other four members (five if you count the tech) are now clamoring for theirs. *sigh*di_monty_pippin
- Yep, another journal-from-character-name for Detective Inspector Montgomery Pippin. Monty's a little put out about it, thinks I should have come up with something with a little more panache, not to mention a little less likely to attract his superiors' notice.c_for_caroline
- Green Wing
's Dr. Caroline Todd once had the following exchange with junior doctor Martin Dear:
C: Apparently if you eat lots of pineapple, it makes your sperm taste nice.
M: Right, well I'll keep that in mind, for the future.
C: And pubic topiary is the new pashmina.
M: Ah, yeah ... yeah, you could ... you could have a heart done or, or your initial, or a lovely swan.
C: I could have a C for Caroline. Oh no no, they might get the wrong idea, they might think it's C for something else.
M: Oh, crazy or ... *light dawns* Oh yes, the - the nasty C word. Oh.
C: Yeah, I wouldn't want that.