...okay, that was weak, I admit it. Besides, altitudeandwine is far too subtle to spray anyone with paint. Cheap perfume, on the other hand ... ;)
RULES: Each player of this game starts off with 10 weird things/habits/little known facts about yourself. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 10 weird habits/things/little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you need to choose people to be tagged and list their names. No tag backs. We only tag because we love.
- The icon on this post is actually me, at age 6 or 7. I was with a large Girl Scout group on a weekend boating trip at Morro Bay on the central California coast, and it was during the monarch butterfly migration. So yes, I did know how to sit very still at that age.
- I sleep with a large stuffed manatee. I do this not because I'm clinging to the habits of childhood (much ;), but because I have an old lower back issue. Sleeping on my side with something in between my arms helps keep my back in good alignment. My manatee friend is the perfect shape for this, and she's cuter than a bolster.
- I sleep with a pillow between my knees for the same reason.
- I tend to chew gently on the side of my tongue when I'm concentrating *really* hard on something. This apparently can lead to some truly hilarious facial expressions, if my sisters' reactions are anything to go by.
- I do beadwork. Not very odd in and of itself, but for me beading and writing are very similar processes ... stringing things together, fiddling with the arrangement and sometimes taking the whole thing apart and reworking it until you have a harmonious, pleasing whole.
- I collect coins minted in my birth year (1967, if you must know. ;), basically just for the heck of it. I've got over $70 worth so far. Maybe on some upcoming major birthday I'll go spend them all.
- I once completely disrupted a wedding dinner when my Schatzki's ring locked down on a piece of food, necessitating a trip to the emergency room for an endoscopy.
- Ever since I first read The Fellowship of the Ring at age 13, I craved one of the leaf brooches the Fellowship wore on their elven cloaks. Needless to say, when they offered them for sale after the movie came out, the gleeful fangirl squeal made dogs in the vicinity start howling. I have the matching earrings now as well ...
- I taught myself how to read by age four. I just couldn't understand why my parents (and later my teachers) seemed so boggled.
- I apparently can't use my neck pillow (one of those traveler's pillows that wrap around the neck) while sitting in my office chair, because I will fall asleep. Just found this one out the hard way whilst typing up this post. Twice. -_-
I tag ... *checks to see who's been tagged before* ... datsue, livilla, andtwilight_mash.
And by the by, if some of you folks get some comments to really old posts or replies to really old comments (be it from me, Bill or Kia ;), don't be surprised. This is me trying to catch up with my online life. *slightly hysterical giggle*